Some Questions I Plan to Explore
- How can processes be advanced that substitute the generation and application of knowledge for the accumulation of material wealth and the perception of social status as society’s central aims?
- What is learning? What is education? What is a learner? What is an educator/teacher? What is the purpose of each?
- How can teachers decide when to guide learning experiences directly and when to relinquish control to their students?
- Should the teacher-student dichotomy fall by the wayside and be replaced with a mutual learner paradigm? Is that too liberal? What should a replacement paradigm look like?
- How can teachers and students honestly and authentically participate in a collapsing education system? Is it ever appropriate to walk on eggshells? How can innovators – both students and educators – exhibit courage and confidence without being shot down?
- What attitudes, orientations, lines of action, communication methods, tools, etc. facilitate widespread, authentic, creative development of curricula that respect students as learners?
- How can diverging perspectives be reconciled? What methods and attitudes help groups practice effective consultation?
- What principles should guide efforts at coordination and systematization?
Possible Case Studies of Learning Frameworks
- BIG Ideas Group
- Big Picture Learning
- TED / GEL
- Formal Primary & Secondary Education
- Various Systems of Higher Education
- Ruhi Institute